Thursday, August 12, 2010

Some things just don't work out as planned!

Well, here it is Thursday, 12AUG10.  This Saturday, I was planning on heading down to So.Cal to visit TankLand, which is a pretty cool military vehicle museum in South El Monte.  I was planning on spending the day down there, taking pictures and just plain goofing off.  Then, on Sunday, I was going to head to the General George S. Patton Museum in Chiriaco Springs, CA to do the same thing.  Of course, things just aren't going to turn out that way.

Yesterday, my wife had to take her car into the shop.  $850.00 later, it was set free.  Needless to say, that took care of the Toadman's weekend.  Luckily, I hadn't paid for anything in advance.  Combined with work on my car in June and my cat getting hit by my daughter's car, it's been a rather expensive summer for me.

So, instead of going to So. Cal, I'll be back at the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation this weekend giving tours.  Along with that, I'll finally be getting some more model work done along with a website update.  I guess things will work out eventually.  So.Cal can wait until October, unless of course something else goes wrong....

No comments:

Post a Comment