Monday, January 21, 2013

Preview: Mirror Models Ltd. 1/35 CMP Mk. I Otter Recce Car


Mirror Models Ltd. 1/35 CMP Mk. I Otter Recce Car
 
 
 
One of the latest kits out from Mirror Models Ltd. is kit #35103, 1/35 CMP Mk. I Otter Recce Car.  Prior to this release, a 1/35 scale kit of the Otter had only been available in resin.  This kit consists of 157 injection molded and 18 resin parts.  A PE set with 80+ parts and 3 small pieces of wire are also included.
 
 
Overall, the kit looks very good.  The quality of parts moulding is good with a bare minimum of pin marks.  I thought that some of the sprue attachment points are rather thick which may lead to some issues.  I didn't notice much in the way of mould release agent on my sample. 
One point about the kit that I don't care for, regardless of how minor it might be, is that it doesn't come with a Bren Gun, which was the usual armament found on this vehicle.  The instructions recommend obtaining one via LZ Models.  Additional photo etch parts for this kit are also available through LZ. 
 
I plan on building this as an "out of the box" kit during the next couple of weeks.  I will post progress photos every several days.
 
Visit the Mirror Models Ltd. Otter specific page for more details about this kit. Thanks to Mirror Models Ltd. and LZ Models for the sample kit.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment