Thursday, October 13, 2011

New decal company: LM Decals!!

Last week while scanning the various forums, I ran across a posting from the owner of a new decal company. LM Decals of Greece specializes in decals covering Greek AFV's and softskins. Their current online catalog lists 6 1/35 scale sheets and 4 1/72 scale sheets.  Vehicles covered include M113's, Deuce and a Halves (both WW 2 and post-war), military Dodges, Jeeps and more.  All sets are reasonably priced between 4.00 and 5.00 euros each and include plenty of marking options.  Shipping is a flat rate of 5.00 euros to anywhere.

Of the sets in their catalog, I quickly locked onto the one covering M24 Chaffees and M47 Pattons, #LM35003.  I quickly hit the PayPal button and paid my 10.00 euros/ $13.00 and ordered a set.  The next morning, I had an email from the company letting me know the decals were on the way.  Exactly 7 days after I ordered them, I received a notice from the post office that a piece of registered mail from Greece was waiting for me to pick it up.  Damn quick service I must say!!

Set #LM35003 for the M24 and M47 provides 16 different decal options for 15 different vehicles.  Included in these options are markings for a Turkish M47 that was used in the invasion of Cyprus.  This M47 was captured by Greek Cypriots and used against its former owners.  All of the decals on the sheet I purchased were in register.  The colors look good.  I haven't tried them out yet but they don't appear too thick.  Instructions are not included with the set.  Instead, a very well illustrated instruction set is available for download off of the LM Decals website.  The instructions consist of reference photos along with a numbered decal guide so you know what decal goes where on what tank.

 LM Decals is providing armor modellers with another alternative for marking/painting their kits.  The price is right and the service is excellent!  I wish them great luck in their endeavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment